Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I had a bad headache over the weekend and was taking pain

Customer Question

Hi there
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I had a bad headache over the weekend and was taking pain killers then went out for a friends birthday where I drank - I woke up in the morning with a blood patch in my eye which I googled and thought was fine but it has gotten worse and I still feel a lot of pressure behind my eye and on the left side of my head and down my jaw
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: I wear glasses as I am short sighted
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Opthamologist should know?
Customer: I haven't had eyes checked in a while and think my vision on my left is worse It's definitely blurry
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: With glasses
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have also got a bit of a sore throat and wonder if this is related to hay fever. I can definitely feel pressure behind my eye though
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome.

I would suggest you to go to ER as this is most likely subconjuctival hemarrhage which can be due to increased blood pressure as you had headache as well. Moreover your intraocular pressure might be increased. This needs to be evaluated fully in urgent care to prevent complications.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 9 months ago.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Regards.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Okay thank you - I took my blood pressure as a precaution and it seemed fine - ranging from 134/78 to 125/80. It seems like going to ER might be preemptive
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for reply.

Still you need to go to ER because feeling of pressure at back of your eye is not a good sign it should be evaluated in urgent care as it can be risky. Your blood pressure is ok now but might have raised when this rupture of blood vessel occurred in your eye.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 9 months ago.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.Regards.