Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I woke up with blurred vision in my right eye. No pain. I

Customer Question

I woke up with blurred vision in my right eye. No pain. I did sleep on the right side of my face with right arm under me and had a lot more alcohol then usual yesterday. Just wondering what I should do? It's been going on for 2 hours. I wear contacts, but no further eye history
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Have you been having any headaches?
Customer: No. I have a hx of migraines, but no current headache/migraine. Just have had this for 2 hours
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Opthamologist should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

Blurred vision in one eye can be due to dryness of the eye due to it being left partially open while you slept because you had alcohol, but it should begin to be alright in a matter of minutes after you wake up.

I would suggest that you have this evaluated at the ER or the Urgent Care to rule out posterior vitreous detachment or retinal detachment.

Let me know if you have further questions,

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm not having any floaters or flashes of light though
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.

They are not a constant symptom of retinal detachment. Can occur in some instances. Please have this examined just to be sure.

Best wishes.