Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

I get a lot of pain in my right eye when I cry it get upset.

Customer Question

I get a lot of pain in my right eye when I cry it get upset. It is followed by a headache in the same side.
JA: Did you have a recent injury to the eye? How is your vision?
Customer: No, no injury.
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the Opthamologist can help you best.
Customer: My vision is okay. I feel like there is some sort of pressure in my right eye. I'm short sighted.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Opthamologist should know?
Customer: I had it checked last year and my eyes were fine it's always my right eye. I only get pain in that right eye when I cry. Nothing else. No blurred vision no nothing.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 4 months ago.

You need to go to the eye doctor and get checked for glaucoma.

This is a condition where pressure builds up in the eye.

This could also be other problems, but start with the eye doctor.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello Doctor,Thank you for your reply.What other causes may be for this eye pain?

This should also be ruled out.