Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I've been taking 100mg of Doxycycline last 10 days to

Customer Question

I've been taking 100mg of Doxycycline for the last 10 days to battle pinkeye. It was doing great as of Thursday and yesterday I started feeling it again slightly and my antibiotics ran out this morning (Saturday). Should I head to urgent care to get a renewed prescription or just let it go? I just don't want it again because it took nearly 5 days on the antibiotics for this to get to a reasonable level again.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 8 months ago.

Hello !

If your eye feels irritated more or you have educate from one or both eyes or redness emerging again then I would recommend that you get a follow up check....

If just a bit itchy and not looking bad it may just be inflammation settling down...

If you have emergence of flare of "pink eye " then you may benefit from antibiotic and perhaps anti-inflammatory eye drops ( Tobradex for example ...)

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns I will be happy to get back with you If

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD