Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

My eye has been severely swollen now days but everyday I

Customer Question

Hi. My eye has been severely swollen now for 4 days but everyday I wake up it's worse. My gp gave me eye ointment yesterday
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is your eye itchy?
Customer: No it's not itchy. 4 days now
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the Opthamologist can help you best.
Customer: Can I sent pictures on here??
JA: Is there anything else the Opthamologist should be aware of?
Customer: It's swollen both top and bottom and on the same side of my face my lymph gland is a little swollen
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you wear contacts?

How old are you?

What is the name of the ointment your GP gave you?

Is it one eye or both?

Any pain?

Any other symptoms?

Can you upload a picture? You can use the paperclip on your screen.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm 25. No it's not sore or itchy. I'm out so not sure what it's called but he said it's got antibiotics in it so I started that yesterday but it seems to be getting worse
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No it's not really painful it's just abit sore and feels swollen. But also on the same side of my face my lymph gland is swollen
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 months ago.

From the pictures you might have a skin infection called preseptal cellulitis.

If this is the case then you need oral - or in some cases -- even IV antibiotics.

If things have gotten worse at all then you should see an MD today for a re-evaluation, even if this means that you have to go to the ER.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS