khagihara
khagihara, Doctor (non-eye specialty)
Experience:  Trained in multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I have a blister on my eye. I thought I had something in it

Customer Question

I have a blister on my eye. I thought I had something in it or a sty so I toon my contacts out. A couple of hours later, I found a blister at the bottom part of my eye.
JA: Keeping an eye on your eyes' health is important - for most people vision is their most valued sense. Our Expert will help you with which sort of vision doctor you should visit. Is there anything else the Opthamologist should be aware of?
Customer: No. I have an eye doctor here. I just wanted to know if there is anything I can do before calling them tomorrow?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  khagihara replied 6 months ago.

Can you attach the photos here? Pain or itch? How old are you? Are you a male or female? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? When did it start? Any other symptoms? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Any medical problem? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Last night I felt like my eye muscles were sore around the eye. Today it really starting to get to me about 5 hours ago. I took out my contact hoping it was a slight tear in it. I also looked in my eye to see if I had a sty. About an hour ago, I look at it again and see a blister.
I am a 36 year old female. I am 5'3, 135 lbs. I have never really had problems with my eyes before. They have been really itchy, but I just blamed it on my allergies. Also, we think there is black mold in my office at work. When I am there for a long period of time, I get respiratory illnesses. I am pretty sure I have a sinus infection but can't see my dr until Thursday. I am on seasonale birth control, Zoloft, singular and trazadone. I have taken some aleeve today around 4:00 b/c of my sinuses hurting.

It could be herpes, a conjuctival cyst, or allergic reaction. You should see an eye doctor to have exam.