Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I have had a Stroke in 2009 i've been driving since2012 and

Customer Question

Hi Pearl I have had a Stroke in 2009 i've been driving since2012 and faild the DVLA eye test so i have to go to Hospital for further testing rather than Specksavers why ? i am having the feeling of sand in my eye Would stress be a cause ? To drive means a lot as i f i dont get back driving i may seriously think of selling up
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately? Is there anything else important you think the Opthamologist should know?
Customer: My vision was checked in Febury this year my stright ahead vision is spot on but i had knowen i have a blank spot on the bottom left side where i was told i would be good if i looked just a little further to my left i should be good to go any hoo i know the DVLA are the only ones who know if it's safe to drive or not My Drugs since my stroke have never changed can i do anything to try ti inprove my sight ?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 6 months ago.

Hello

If you fail the test, the next step is to get the eye doctor to certify that you are OK to drive.

Hence the further testing.

Beyond that, I don't see that you have any recourse.

You must do the further testing at this point.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/