Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

I have had a Stroke in 2009 i've been driving since2012 and

Customer Question

Hi Pearl I have had a Stroke in 2009 i've been driving since2012 and faild the DVLA eye test so i have to go to Hospital for further testing rather than Specksavers why ? i am having the feeling of sand in my eye Would stress be a cause ? To drive means a lot as i f i dont get back driving i may seriously think of selling up
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately? Is there anything else important you think the Opthamologist should know?
Customer: My vision was checked in Febury this year my stright ahead vision is spot on but i had knowen i have a blank spot on the bottom left side where i was told i would be good if i looked just a little further to my left i should be good to go any hoo i know the DVLA are the only ones who know if it's safe to drive or not My Drugs since my stroke have never changed can i do anything to try ti inprove my sight ?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 4 months ago.

If you fail the test, the next step is to get the eye doctor to certify that you are OK to drive.

Hence the further testing.

Beyond that, I don't see that you have any recourse.

You must do the further testing at this point.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here