Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.

I poked my eye itch fingernail taking out my contacts. It

Customer Question

I poked my eye itch fingernail taking out my contacts. It bled a little. Seems to be in lower part of eye. Hurts when I blink. Vision fine. Treatment, if any. Contacts?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 months ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

This could have caused a corneal ulcer or an abrasion, these take a few days to heal and during that time eye injection (redness) and pain are present.

Treatment is with lubricants like over the counter eye gels and antibiotic ointments like polymyxin and neomycin topical (eye ointments).

Avoid sun light and intense light. Wear sun glasses if you have to go out. Do not let the eye get irritated for example, avoid the kitchen because of heat and smoke etc. Do not wear contacts till this heals.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 months ago.

Let me know if you have further questions

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 months ago.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.