Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

My 17 year old son recently had an MRI on s head due to

Customer Question

My 17 year old son recently had an MRI on his head due to "jumping eye" when examined for a physical for his upcoming senior year of football. They would not clear him to play until he saw a neurosurgeon, who would not see him until we had an MRI. Our neuro apt in June 7 but our ortho's assistant has notified us that the MRI report says he has a cyst in his brain. Obviously as a parent I am concerned for his health but also his dream is to play football at the collegiate level. I've read anywhere from surgery to remove to no reason for athletics to be eliminated. Guess it just depends on the size and location?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: He had 2 concussions his sophomore season and 1 last season...following protocol I each time. I am his dad as well as his coach which puts me in a really delicate situation.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 4 months ago.

The vast majority of cysts are not consequential.

The odds are on his side here.

Glad to read the report if you enter it here.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here