khagihara
khagihara, Doctor (non-eye specialty)
Experience:  Trained in multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

Got latex paint in my eye yesterday and I didn't wash it out

Customer Question

got latex paint in my eye yesterday and I didn't wash it out today it is red and feels tender should I put visine in it
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: Since yesterday morning
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the Opthamologist can help you best.
Customer: got latex paint in my eye yesterday morning and haven't washed it out and it is red and feels tender
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Opthamologist should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello, is anyone going to respond to my eye question?
Expert:  khagihara replied 6 months ago.

It will not do any permanent harm to your eye. But it irritates your eye. The latex paint is water based paint, it is easier to be washed out. So you should wash the eye. If you don't have any relief, you should go to the ER to have exam.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.