Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

Do I need a retina scan?

Customer Question

Do I need a retina scan?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

As per your other question asked at this site it sounds you are suspected to have developed macular degeneration. I am not sure how far you have already been investigated in this regard, if not properly investigated then you need a retinal scan which is also called as OCT scan or Optic Cohorence Tomography scan of the retina. There are few additional tests of the eye that may shed further light into your eye condition, for example an eye test called as Fluroscien Angiogram can be helpful. Macular pigment density testing is another useful test. If not already done Amsler Grid test too is helpful.

And to your other question related to Cilalis, this medication is not expected to cause blindness and also it is not expected to cause or worsen macular degeneration so it can be used with your eye condition.

And once again to your main question, yes, you need further testing including a retinal scan to evaluate further of your retinal/eye condition.

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me to compensate me for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.

Best regards,

Customer

Hi, did you have time to go through my above answer? Do you have any further questions for me?

Below I have also tried to answer your question that you have posted at your other question; “what eye problems can be caused with cialis or staxyn with the normal eye and the macular degeneration”

Normally Cialis (Staxyn) is not expected to cause any eye problems. It may rarely cause some eye pain. Very rarely it may cause decreased blood flow to the eye and may cause blindness, but this is extremely rare. It does not cause or worsen macular degeneration, so this medication is not contraindicated in someone who has macular degeneration.