Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

My wife has recently undergone cataract surgery and now sees

Customer Question

My wife has recently undergone cataract surgery and now sees a bump when looking at a straight line. her ophthalmologist determined before the surgery that this condition was present and she may need to see a specialist for the ERM. I'm just researching the benefits, success rates and cost of this procedure. any thoughts?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: She has a history of asthma, high blood pressure, and immune deficiency.
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?
Customer: Yes. She is also over weight. and was prescribed steroids for her asthma which she took for 18 years.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

I am a retina surgeon and specialize in ERM surgery.

What is her best corrected visual acuity in the affected eye?

How old is she?

What type of lens is in her eye (the name and number from her IOL card)?

Would you be paying out of pocket?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I could not open the message you sent. We have McAfee spam filter and it could not validate your address.
My wifes surgery is tomorrow so It's a moot point now.