DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

After cataract surgery I have what looks like a windshield

Customer Question

After cataract surgery I have what looks like a windshield wiper going across my eyes and I am extremely sensitive to light. It seems as there is a film on my eyes. It has been four weeks since the first eye and two weeks for the last one. Is this normal?
Category: Eye
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 11 months ago.
HelloIt can be temporary.Have you been to follow up with the surgeon?
HiHave not heard back from you.About 20% of patients get something called posterior capsule opacity.Follow up the surgeon and see if this is the case.it is treatable and correctable. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/