Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858

I hit myself in the eye with an electric plug (pulled the

Customer Question

I hit myself in the eye with an electric plug (pulled the cable out of my bag too quickly). I'm not sure if I have an abrasion, or not, but it's been nearly 8 hours, and the eye is still a little sensitive to air and aches a little.
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: last year. My vision is excellent.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I had to go to work. Meds for reflux, topamax (atypical migraines), and allergies
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nah. No history of any eye problems on either side, no cancers, no heart problems, no diabetes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 6 months ago.

Hi there.This is a common mechanism for a corneal abrasion. Because the cornea is so heavily innervated (due to its importance) even a slight injury can provoke intense pain, burning and tearing. Possible complications of an untreated corneal abrasion include infection and scarring, with subsequent decline in visual acuity or frank vision loss. For this reason, it is always best to have an acute eye injury examined by a doctor, preferably an ophthalmologist.

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 6 months ago.

Hello Customer. How is your eye today? I hope it is doing better.

Is there anything else I can help you with?