Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please

Customer Question

I
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I have swelling between upper lip and nose. It started under my right nose and now it's swollen like I have a cotton rolled under my lip.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I've been taking medication for sinus and allergies. I've had sinus pressure between the eyes. The medication is working but don't know what to do about the lip.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.
Hi and welcome.Please attach a photo here so that i can help you better?Which medicine are you taking for sinus and allergies?
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 6 months ago.
Hello I am Doctor Thomas, a double board certified US doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine, with advanced training in several other fields. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I will give you an answer or ask you a question, but be sure to use reply to expert to communicate with me as needed.This is either allergy that is uncontrolled.Or, contact dermatitis.Or, a skin infection, which is most likely at this point.I suggest you show your doctor. Or, go to any urgent care.You are likely to need a prescription cream called mupiricin, which covers staph well. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I've been taking OTC Allegra and just started with severe sinus and pain. Also taking ibuprofen for the severe pain. Also just started with warm compresses on face and neck.
well this goes more with infection, including sinus infection.OTC treatment is not appropriate.You might even need oral antibiotics.I now more definitely suggest you go right to urgent care, before this becomes dangerous. please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/