Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.

I got eyelash extensions 6 hours ago and now there feels

Customer Question

I got eyelash extensions 6 hours ago and now there feels like something is in my eye and its itritated...
JA: Keeping an eye on your eyes' health is important - for most people vision is their most valued sense. Our Expert will help you with which sort of vision doctor you should visit. Please give me a bit more information, so the Opthamologist can help you best.
Customer: I went to a kiosk in the mall got the human hair eye lash extensions that are put on one by one there was a little bit of burning during this in both eyes after it was done I opened my eyes and they burned for about a minute then went away but my left eye now feels like something in it but cant see anything its a little red in the irritated spot but basically feels like something in it no idea what glue was used
JA: Is there anything else the Opthamologist should be aware of?
Customer: No that's it besides that i tried flushing my eye with contact solution and it irritates it more but after a minute or so it goes back to the feeling of something is in it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

You need to take the eye lashes off and rinse the eye with cool tepid water for at least 10 to 15 minutes. If that fails to alleviate the problem then a formal eye exam in the Urgent Care or the ER is mandated. You might need topical steroids and antiallergics to relieve the symptoms.

Let me know if you have any queries or concerns left.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 months ago.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.