Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

Poked myself in the eye with a yucca plant. I don't have

Customer Question

Hi poked myself in the eye with a yucca plant. I don't have anything to rinse it with or eye drops. Not sure whether to go to the chemist or if I could flush it with water. It happened 30 minutes ago and caused a lot of tears and doesn't seem so bad although stil irritates a little. Thanks
JA: Keeping an eye on your eyes' health is important - for most people vision is their most valued sense. Our Expert will help you with which sort of vision doctor you should visit. Is there anything else important you think the Opthamologist should know?
Customer: No other than it doesn't seem as bad and only a little bloodshot. Thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 6 months ago.
HiThe eye needs to be examined.Dont put anything in it.Typically if it is a cut, antibiotic drops and sometimes a patch. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/