Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

This is odd, but here we go. 2 weeks ago i had a redness in

Customer Question

this is odd, but here we go.
2 weeks ago i had a redness in the left eye. i just felt like I had something in it.
Then? a clear discharge started happening, by the next day, both eyes showed symptoms.
I went to an urgent care clinic, was diagnosed with Pink Eye, and prescribed Tobramycin drops.
after two days of the drops, I developed a rash around my eyes, and went back to the clinic.
they determined that i was allergic to the origional drops, and prescribed a Medrol Dosepack for the Hives, and Vigamox for the drops. Both a 7 day dose.
It has been 7 days, the rash is gone (mostly), and I felt alright enough to go to work.
(ama a bartender in a very nice place, I cant work when I look like this)
I also developed a swelling of the lips, not terrible, but apparent to me.
I looked fine yesterday, (passable, not great), but today the redness came back with a vengence.
no new soaps, detergents, etc.
any advise?
.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 6 months ago.
HelloThere is something you are being exposed to.Can you attach a picture here please