Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I'm in my late 20's and have had 3 new experiences with my

Customer Question

I'm in my late 20's and have had 3 new experiences with my vision in the last 2 months:
JA: Keeping an eye on your eyes' health is important - for most people vision is their most valued sense. Our Expert will help you with which sort of vision doctor you should visit. Please give me a bit more information, so the Opthamologist can help you best.
Customer: First occurrence was kaleidoscope vision, very colorful and seemed to be moving, went away after about 15 minutes with no headache following
JA: Is there anything else the Opthamologist should be aware of?
Customer: Second occurrence I was running and had a ring in my left eye that was not colorful, but seemed to be moving, eventually went to my left periphery and became dark, then went away. About an hour later was severely nauseous and had a headache...completely exhausted for the rest of the day
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: The third occurrence I was running again with the same ring in my vision followed by nausea and headache
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.
Hi this is Dr Stan here to help you today. What you are describing needs to be evaluated by an Ophthalmologist sooner rather than later. You could have a retinal detachment, glaucoma or tumor. Please schedule an appointment. I hope this is helpful and a positive rating is always appreciated.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What about migraines? Couldn't it be just migraines?
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.
Migraine headaches do not usually resolve on their own in 15 minutes. If migraine with aura, not an immediate threat to vision, if one of the problems I mentioned is the cause, there is urgency needed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok--the headache begins after the vision impairment resolves and lasts much longer than 15 minutes. Probably at least an hour or two.