Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.

I was having pain on the upper lash line of my right eye

Customer Question

I was having pain on the upper lash line of my right eye yesterday. This morning it still felt irritated and sore like there was something gritty there. I have pain in my eye and I noticed earlier that there appears to be what looks like a whitehead on the eye ball on the side closest to my nose. I have drops for conjunctivitis and started using that today. There is no discharge, just feels painful and sometimes itchy.
JA: Keeping an eye on your eyes' health is important - for most people vision is their most valued sense. Our Expert will help you with which sort of vision doctor you should visit. Is there anything else the Opthamologist should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.This sounds like inflammation, it can either be blepharitis or conjunctivitis.You will need topical steroid drops and antibiotic eye drops for this.Conjunctivitis is a self limiting condition but an evaluation at this point in time is warranted.Please protect your eyes from sunlight. Avoid contact with kids and other adults.Wear sun glasses when out in the sun.See your PCP for topical steroids and antibiotics.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.
Let me know if you have further questions.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.Regards.