Dr SH
Dr SH, Certified physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I am a 78 years old female with low tension glaucoma (had it

Customer Question

I am a 78 years old female with low tension glaucoma (had it since I was 50). In June I plan to hike in Swiss Alps up to 10,200 ft. of elevation. Would it be bad for my eyes? What kind of sun glasses do you recommend I wear?
Thank you for your response in advance.
Akiko
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr SH replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question.There should be no issues with hiking with the type of glaucoma that you are having.You should wear dark shades that provide UV protection.Those should be fine.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Expert:  TheGermDoctor replied 9 months ago.
Hello- It sounds like this may be an infected cyst or an abscessFrom your description I would suggest you need to be seen in person by a gynecologist and you may need it lanced open.Until then you can try warm Sitz baths - but you really need to be seen in personGood luck. and please rate the reply to credit me for my answer
oops - I apologize- please ignore my above comment ( wrong post)
Expert:  Dr SH replied 9 months ago.
This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards