Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician
Experience:  MBBS DNB

I have noticed dark shadows between my eyes. What is this an

Customer Question

I have noticed dark shadows between my eyes. What is this an indication of? It is almost like a bruise but I have not hit my head.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.
Relative lack of blood flow to the tissues can cause dark shadows commonly.High cholesterol, BP are common factors.Allergies or eczema also can cause darkening of the skin.You can try topical aminophylline cream available over the counter daily to improve blood flow.Hydrocortisone ointment can be tried daily for eczema related skin changes.Best wishes,
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 5 months ago.
Hello Welcome and Thank you for your query posted. My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern. Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service . Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information: I am a Dermatologist by profession and I would be in a better position to help you in your query. Would you like me to help or answer further ? Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic