Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

JA: . How can we be of help? Customer: my mom is having

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: my mom is having severe eye pricking on left. 2 years back she had secondaries in brain,w hich got operated above left orbit
JA: Keeping an eye on your eyes' health is important - for most people vision is their most valued sense. Our Expert will help you with which sort of vision doctor you should visit. Please give me a bit more information, so the Opthamologist can help you best.
Customer: is this anyway related to cancer
JA: Is there anything else the Opthamologist should be aware of?
Customer: hello
JA: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: she has severe prick and pain
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: on left eye
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 6 months ago.
Hello,I'm Dr Chaithanya experienced Physician attending youThis needs Ophthalmologist evaluation for sureThe doctor will examine the fundus about what exactly is happening inside the eye.Any questions ask meI suggest you go to hospital immediatelyPlease leave a positive rating, Best Regards
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 6 months ago.
Hello,I am Dr.A.S.Desai, certified ophthalmologist and eye expert at JA since 2009.At the outset let me assure you that pricking and pain in the eye can have n number of benign causes and it need not be co related to secondaries.The most common cause for pricking is tear film abnormality. She can first try with lubricating eye drops such as Refresh tears,1 drop 4 times a day for 1-2 weeks. If the symptoms do not aubside then do get her eye examined by an ophthalmologist for a closer look.Thank you and best wishesIf you find this answer to your satisfaction then do remember to rate it positively
No way you can wait trying just tear drops, please visit an eye doctor as soon as you can.Hope this helps