Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I had a horseshoe tear about 7 months ago and I had three

Customer Question

Hi. I had a horseshoe tear about 7 months ago and I had three separate sessions of laser surgery to seal it. I had the 4th one 6 days ago during a 3 month follow up. Since then black specs have increased following this surgery. Can laser surgery lead to an increase in the number of black spots from about 2 to 10-12?
JA: The Opthamologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Opthamologist should know?
Customer: Yes, I had cataract surgery in that eye and a YAG surgery as well. The the laser treatment I am referring to is the recent laser surgery to reinforce the retina.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.I am a retina surgeon.When did you notice the increased black spots?Are you noticing any flashes of light?Any sign of visual changes like a curtain coming across your vision from any direction? Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.