Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I notice my vision has a orangish tint and noticeable around

Customer Question

I notice my vision has a orangish tint and noticeable around white background. What can this be. Retina specialist don't see anything abnormal in the scans
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr SH replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question.Since how long are you having this problem?Do you have any other medical problems?Are you on any medications for anything?Please let me know.Regards
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Since January. No med problems. Blood tests came normal in blood work.

Expert:  Dr SH replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your response.This is a nonspecific symptom i.e. it does not indicate any specific disease process.However I would recommend using over-the-counter vitamin A supplements (the pharmacist should guide you on the local brands) to see if that would help with your problem. This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

How can vitamin a deficiency cause this condirion

Expert:  Dr SH replied 7 months ago.
Good quantities of vitamin A in the diet are essential for a good vision.Here is an article that you can read which will help you understand in a better way:http://coopervision.com/eye-health-and-vision/eye-vitamins-visionThis session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

I know vitamin a is good for vision, but I also know this vision thing is probably not associated with vitamin a. Can an issue in one eye confuse the brain to show same symptom in both eyes?

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 7 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.I see that your expert has opted out?I am a retina specialist.Is this in both eyes (test one at a time)?How old are you?M/F?Is this with and without your glasses/contacts if you wear them?Do you see any other colors?Is it every time to you look at a white background? Does it occur at any other times?How long has this been going on?Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

i had csr in my right eye and it cleared up, but i notice this orange tint at times in my right eye, when i close my right eye i notice it in the left side at the same position. the orange tint looking is not in the whole vision field, it is in certain areas, sometimes it is less when i wake up, but in the night when im reading my phone, i notice it. the retina doctor ran scan and didnt see anything

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 months ago.
It is not unknown for CSR patients who have recovered even the majority of their vision (on the eye chart) to be left with various issues like what you are experiencing with this orangish tint.It is not a sign of any vitamin deficiency etc nor -- unfortunately -- is there anything you, or your doctors, can do to fix it. :(In my almost three decades of retinal practice I have treated a number of patients like yourself, even going so far in some cases as to do the "Mega workup" with referrals to major medical centers and research institutes. In every case the patients symptoms persist and no effective therapy was found.Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.....Does this make sense to you?It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS