Dr SH
Dr SH, Certified physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I had a black eye and now there's a lump there will it go

Customer Question

I had a black eye and now there's a lump there will it go away
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr SH replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question.Did you injure yourself or bumped into something?Do you have a picture that you could attach here.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I got in a fight it's healed now
Expert:  Dr SH replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your response.The lump is a hematoma which is collection of blood under the skin and it will heal up in a few days time.Nothing to worry about whatsoever.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It won't let me attach the image
Expert:  Dr SH replied 7 months ago.
I have had a look at the images that you sent me.It will heal up in due course of time i.e. a week to two weeks.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Well it's gone now and there's a lump is there a way for it to go away without surgery
Expert:  Dr SH replied 7 months ago.
It will go away in due course of time i.e. a week to two weeks.I would not worry whatsoever.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's been 21 days since
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
25
Expert:  Dr SH replied 7 months ago.
I mean another couple of weeks time.There is blood under the skin that is causing it.Your body will take sometime to slowly resorb this.So I would not worry whatsoever.
Expert:  Dr SH replied 7 months ago.
The time it takes to go away also depends on the severity of the injury.In some cases such as yours it may take more time but it WILL eventually go away.Not anything that will require surgery.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner.Kindest regards