Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

I have a yellowish looking dot or growth next to my pupil on

Customer Question

I have a yellowish looking dot or growth next to my pupil on the white part of my eyes
JA: Keeping an eye on your eyes' health is important - for most people vision is their most valued sense. Our Expert will help you with which sort of vision doctor you should visit. Please give me a bit more information, so the Opthamologist can help you best.
Customer: What is this and is it concerning
JA: Is there anything else the Opthamologist should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidcan you upload a clear photo of the yellowish looking dot?are you having problems blinking your eyelid?any visual changes?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am not having any issues with my eyes. I have had these spots (on both eyes) for several years. They do not appear to be changing in size. I am concerned at some point it could affect my vision, and admittedly I don't like the way they look.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Here is another photo.
this is a pinguecula which is a yellowish, slightly raised thickening of the conjunctiva on the white part of the eye (sclera), close to the edge of the corneathis is a common, non-cancerous growth of the conjunctivayou don't have to have it removedif it bothers your eye, you can have it removed by surgery.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me: for using
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
how did I get it and it will not grow bigger?
pinguecula forms when the tissue in your conjunctiva changes and creates a small bumpsome of these bumps contain protein, fat, and calcium, while others contain protein and either fat or calciumthe reason for this change isn't fully understood, but it's been linked to frequent exposure to sunlight, dust, or wind irritation of the eye