Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

Every where I look, especially at a white or light colored

Customer Question

Every where I look, especially at a white or light colored surface, I see a regular grid pattern like a piece of graph paper, but the further I am from what I am looking at, the larger the scale of the grid is. The pattern seems to be projected onto what I am looking at and when I look into a concave surface such as a wash bowl the lines seem to follow the contours of the surface. When I try to focus on the lines they move and when I look at the intersection of two lines they disappear. It seems to me that this must be a neurological problem. The ophthalmologists that I have talked to have just said HUH!
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.
This is Dr. Daviddid you get your retinas examined on both sides?does it happen when you close one eye and then the other?how long has this been going on? what medications are you taking currently?