Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution

I'm 54 and had a hysterectomy 2 weeks ago. I had it done

Customer Question

I'm 54 and had a hysterectomy
2 weeks ago. I had it done robotically it took 4 hours and I have had zero painkillers the last 5 days. I feel surprising good for the short amount of time that has passed. Yesterday I went into a store with overhead lighting and after leaving the outside sunlight and I never felt like my vision adjusted from the outside to the inside lighting. History.. I do wear 2.00 readers. I'm a migraine aura with no headache sufferer but this has no aura which I am writing about today. I have great distance vision. But in Target everything stayed blurry at a distance. It stayed like that the whole time I was in there my bp has been alittle higher since surgery but i take the same meds that I've taken for 10 years. Again I really notice blurriness indoors so not sure why. 1 more thing i still have my ovaries and before my surgery I still had period so I'm not yet through menopause. Hopefully you will know what's happening
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for this question.Is the vision still blurry today?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No not in the house but I wear my readers alot in the house. Its more distance in stores for the last couple days that seems blurry. I'm just waking up now so I can't really say how it will be today
Let me know later how it is
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm really just curious about why things are blurry at a distance. It's been like this a couple days. Are you thinking it'll get clearer the more days that pass
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It seems normal in the house and looking out doors today
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Any thoughts would be appreciated
It seems normal to me butit could be related to the anesthesia