Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

Splash VERY small amount (large drop size) 90% alcohol in eye.

Customer Question

Splash VERY small amount (large drop size) 90% alcohol in eye. Quickly profusely rinsed and also let tears via profuse yawning also do a good wash job. Eye feel irritated of course afterwards, but no burning just light irritation feeling each time eyelids close. Nothing else seems "wrong" or damaged.
Should I still wear dark shades for a while, use eye-drops, or perhaps make sure by having he eye checked ?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.You should be fine with no residual eye damage.You did the right thing by flushing immediately with water.If your eye is irritated use artificial tears (bion tears is a good name but there are many brands available) for the next 24 hours or so.Of course, if you wear contacts, stay out of them until your eye feels better.From what you have posted, there is no need to go to an eye doctor. You can wear dark glasses if you medical need to do so.Does this make sense to you? It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS