Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

My son eyes & body are bright yellow & have been weeks.

Customer Question

My son eyes & body are bright yellow & have been for two weeks. Is this serious? What should we do?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.That can be due to the severe liver disease. Also called jaundice--the bilirubin deposits in the eyes and skin causing yellow discoloration. Usually there will be other symptoms as well like weight loss, appetite loss, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain etc. Liver disease can be due to the alcohol, viral infection, autoimmune disorder or other causes. Liver function test is easy way to screen for that.Another posibility can be due to the beta caroteinemia. This is due to the inability of the body to process beta carotein. You can go to this link for more information on this condition: wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.