khagihara
khagihara, Doctor (non-eye specialty)
Experience:  Trained in multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

Dr Rick. I am debating if I should go to Urgent Care due

Customer Question

Hi Dr Rick. I am debating if I should go to Urgent Care due to my eyelid being swollen. This started Wednesday night with some pain and tenderness. The next day my eye lid was a little swollen and I pulled it up and yep there was a stye right below my eyelash line. I used a compress and through out the day it seemed to drain some. (I did not pop). Friday and Saturday it seemed to be getting better and then yesterday it swelled back up and got very red. This morning it was worse then ever and very swollen and very red. I do not see the stye anymore or any noticeable bump.
Category: Eye
Expert:  khagihara replied 7 months ago.
It seems to be blepharitis. It is inflammation of the eyelids. Since Self-care measures using warm compresses doesn't work well, you should go to the urgent care to have exam and topical antibiotics, steroid, cyclosporine if it is blepharitis.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Do you think that this is what it would be even though there was clearly a stye a few days ago?
Another possibility is the infection started to spread. It is called cellulitis. You should go to the urgent care.