Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

JA: . What is your issue regarding? Customer: when

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: when I wake up in the morning or if I take a small nap in the afternoon my back, arms and chest area are really red, itchy and warm . I take a allergy type pill and it gets better. Last night I felt really bloated and my stomach seemed to stick out like a barrel. I have been watching what I eat and pushing myself to drink more water than usual. I have my annual physical Wednesday this coming week but thought I should see if this is something I should check out sooner.
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No this is really just strange I do notice my eye pupils seem larger a some times my face is also red. I have not changed any Medications and in the last few days have even stopped my vitamins, and fish oil to see if that would help.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Since allergy pills help, you are experiencing some type of allergies.This can be food allergy, or against any environmental factor.Another possibility can be systemic mastocytosis --this is a type of malignant condition characterized by excess mast cell production.This results in excessive histamine release and resultant symptoms.Tropical eosinophilia or increased eosinophil count due to the parasitic infection is another possibility.Leukemia is also in the differential.Hence, complete blood count with differential, metabolic panel, allergy testing are all required.These tests can be ordered by an allergy specialist.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile: