Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

Pass out spells- I stopped breathing the last time. CPR from

Customer Question

Pass out spells- I stopped breathing the last time. CPR from my wife.
Few but happening more often. 4 or 5 in 3 years. But 2 light episodes in the last months
- I'll list symptoms in order –this scenario has happened three times. Others have been a little less traumatic.
1st minute -My stomach gets distended
I start feeling dry in the month
2nd min - Heart rate increases to over 120bpm
My head starts pressurizing, in 2 minutes eyes and face are totally red, 1 more min eyes are bugging out.
5th- 10th min - I feel like I have to go number 2, now on the toilet, sometimes heavy diarrhea
Start losing my sight and hearing
Blood pressure gets very low 97/49 pluse 137
10 to 15 min- The pain from the head pressure is unbearable and I pass out.
During time of being passed out -Convulsions, and heavy vomiting, contents are very thick like a paste.
Wife and child couldn’t find a pulse or tell if I was breathing. 911 and CPR
I woke up a bit to recognize chest compressions but too weak to do anything and pass back out.
I came around with her screaming my name. Got up went to the bed to rest.
Paramedics found very low blood pressure, and blood sugar to be good.
Under Doctor Orders, I passed the heart test with flying colors. Chest and head x-ray was good.
Doc said vasovagal. I’m Just not sure this is correct.
D. Maurer
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidyou need more neurological may not be vasovagalyou need a brain MRI scan and an EEG to check for seizure could have had some heart arrhythmia. this might need a heart holter monitor or event monitor testing to check for heart need more testing.ask to be referred to neurology to check for migraines, seizures, brain MRI scan and more tests.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me: for using