Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

~Dr. David~I am farsighted~I use store bought readers

Customer Question

~Dr. David~I am farsighted~I use store bought readers for up close stuff~I can see far off, but I do squint quiet a bit to focus more clearer~It makes my eyes really tired, especially if my husband & I travel a long distance~I get very bad eye strain~I had gotten a prescription for bifocals, but don't wear them, because i feel like I'm looking into a bubble~Do they make glasses to where I can just have the whole lense the same?~Please help me~Thank you~
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.
this is Dr. Davidyes, they do make eye glasses where they make the whole lens the samesome people have difficulty with bifocals.some people do better with two pairs of eye glasses, one for close and another for distance.you should talk to your doctor about that, getting two pair of prescription glasses to wear, one for close or reading and one for distance viewing. that might work better for your eyes.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
So, would it be ok if I like just use these store bought readers for close up, & get a pair of prescription's for distance, or do I really need a prescription pair for close up~Would it matter!~
it is up to you what you use for close up work.if the store bought magnifiers work better for you, then you can use thosethat is fine.and then use another pair for distance viewing.This is Dr. Davidyes, if you are having more pain in that area, you should go back to your doctor and get an MRI scan of the region to check on the syringomyelia and see if it has changed sizemore pain in your lower back could be due to many potential different causesit could be due to muscle strain or arthritis, weather changes, slipped disk, pinched nerve or potentially worsening of your syringomyelia.only a doctor's exam and MRI imaging can give the information to your doctors to tell you what is causing the increased pain.you don't want to wait for the pain to get worse to see your doctor.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com