Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I have been under a tremendous amount of stress a

Customer Question

I have been under a tremendous amount of stress for over a year. Something has happened to me twice in the past month and no one knows what how it happened. I had been at my computer but when I finished I got up and walked about two steps and suddenly I could not get my eyes to move in any direction and I started yelling for my husband that I could not use my eyes to see where I was going. The second episode happened when having a conversation at a friend's house but this time my eyes had two pictures each at the same time each eye divided by a vertical line down the middle. I could not move my eyes to even get up out of the chair because I could not get my eyes to move. I blinked several times trying to help but it didn't so I was like that for a minimum of three minutes. After each incident I would have a headache that wouldn't stop. I went to an eye doctor and he told me eyes were healthy but that the vision in my left eye had changed a lot. I bought new glasses but even though I can see better (more clear) when I take them off I have noticed I cannot make out any thing that is written. It is so fuzzy and blurry. I have never had this problem before and it comes and goes. My short term memory is also terribly affected. I am having an MRI on Monday but am anxious about it. I don't know what has happened to me. I have always done accounting work and had a great memory but not now. My husband is extremely worried because I cannot even recall a movie we watched the night before or names of people I have known for quite awhile. Any ideas of what might be happening?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidyou could have had TIA or transcient ischemic attacks where small temporary blood clots go to the brain and cause temporary reversible neurological MRI scan can check for signs of these temporary TIAshave you consulted with a neurologist?