Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have lattice degeneration of both my eyes I had surgery a

Customer Question

I have lattice degeneration of both my eyes I had surgery a month ago on my left eye laser too close to a hose in the back of my eyes I had surgery on my right eye 3 weeks ago laser surgery I'm now experiencing blurred vision the crease in my eye sight significant I was told that is my blood pressure or that I had a stroke 2 weeks ago I went to the doctor on Tuesday and he's telling me it may be that I'm allergic to laser surgery just on my right eye not on my left eye I find that hard to believe I'm a veteran at the VA hospital in Charleston I believe they'd done something wrong with my eyes I still have the blurred vision and I still hurts can you help me please
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidit sounds like you are looking to see another retina eye specialist to get a second opinion of the effects on your eye from your retinal surgery.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes but what do you think about what I just told you I have concerns about my vision do I need to be concerned or is it just nothing like the VA is trying to tell me
it doesn't sound like allergy to eye surgery.severe high blood pressure or stroke can cause visual changes.you need a brain MRI scan with contrast if you have had a stroke and see if damage to your occipital lobe of your brain which can affect your vision.did you get a workup of your stroke with a brain MRI scan?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No I did not they said I need to wait 3 weeks to see if that clears up if not then they will do an MRI and check for a stroke I don't believe that it's a stroke I don't believe that is my blood pressure I do believe it's the result of the surgery and they're trying to cover themselves
if you believe that, then you need to go to another eye specialist retinal surgery specialistand get your eyes examined by another eye surgeondo you need help to find another eye surgeon close to you?do you have health insurance to go someplace else outside of the VA?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes
what zip code do you live in?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
29420
Storm Eye***** Charleston, SC 29425 muschealth.com(###) ###-####etina Center of Charleston: King Lowrey P MD 2057 Charlie Hall Blvd, Charleston, SC 29414 charlestonretinadoctor.com(###) ###-####here are several centersI would try the Storm Eye Centerlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/