Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

Lately, I have been noticing a small, semi-transparent, gray

Customer Question

Lately, I have been noticing a small, semi-transparent, gray spot near the center of my field of vision, in my right eye. It always seems to be in the same spot and does not lag. If I am looking at a light area, then close my eye(s), it is still there, but resembles the after effect of looking at a bright bulb.
JA: Keeping an eye on your eyes' health is important - for most people vision is their most valued sense. Our Expert will help you with which sort of vision doctor you should visit. Is there anything else the Opthamologist should be aware of?
Customer: Hmmm... I am almost 57, a little overweight, have mild hypertension (medicated), diabetes (medicated) and have had optic migraines, in the past. I work in front of a laptop for 12 hours a night, 4 nights a week. Not sure if it is relevant, but also recently exerted myself by lifting heavy objects on Friday.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 5 months ago.
Do you have any other medical issues?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just git charged $28 so you could ask for information I already gave? I don't think so#
when was your last eye exam?
still need help?