Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I have developed floaters in my left eye so I recently visited

Customer Question

I have developed floaters in my left eye so I recently visited a lazer vision specialist in Sydney. He informed me that I had no problem other than at some time I had had a bleed in the eye and what I was seeing was 2 blood spots. He said that the body would absorb the blood and the condition would self heal. The spots do not appear to be getting smaller and it is almost 8 weeks since this first appeared. When the spots move to the top or sides of the eye I can see OK and I have been told the eye is OK. Can you advise me if I should just be patient or is there an eye operation I can have to remove these.
Ted Jacob
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr SH replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question.Can you please describe these floaters a little more for me.What do they appear like? Are they like zig zag transparent lines in your field of vision?Also, you mentioned bleed in your eye, was the bleed in the white of your eye (sclera)?Do you have any other medical problems?Are you on any medications for anything at the moment?Please let me know.