Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

I have a lot of pressure in my head and behind my eyes and

Customer Question

I have a lot of pressure in my head and behind my eyes and hear my heartbeat all the time in my ears, louder when I lay down. Also, I can not get my left ear to "pop" and it feels like there is a film or membrane inside it.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I had a tube put in my ear about a year ago and it has not helped.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 5 months ago.
Hi there ...Thank you for the question ...Please tell me your age and gender ?Have you had normal sleep ?Do you have anxiety ?Regards .
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am female and 49. My sleep is disrupted by the noise and pressure.
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 5 months ago.
Have you had audiometry to look for nerve issue ?Regards .
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm not sure, is that the hearing and pressure test with the head phones?
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 5 months ago.
Yes that was same , what did it showed ...
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That the pressure in my right ear will not go down and it does not "pop". That's why they put the tube in, but it has not helped at all and the doctor did not seem to have any other ideas.
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for info ...This head and eye pressure seems to be because of Tinnitus ( Ear noise ) as Vestibular system in ear has number of functions and such tinnitus could be possibly because of that .It would be ideal for you to ask your ENT dr to do measure to suppress that issues , this will help you to overcome head and eye pressure .Regards .
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 months ago.
HelloThis is a different expert with a much different answer.You need an MRI of the head/brain.These symptoms indicate a possible vascular problem.This can be serious..Tumors can do this, aneurysms can do this.Chronic sinus blockage can do this.The pulsation is a possible indicator that this can be a more serious form of tinnitus.Tinnitus is not a cause of eye pressure: this is common in sinus infection, glaucoma, and other more serious problems. In fact, tinnitus is the result of other causes, not the reverse. Tinnitus simply means ringing in the ears, which can be from many causes. CT or MRI is your next step.One must rule out the spread of infection from the original problem as well.I am a double board certified US doctor.find me anytimeI am here daily, save time and get correct and safe answers, request Dr. Thomas.Please click a positive rating on this post.