Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

Not sure a neuro question but I have been expericing dizziness/vertigo

Customer Question

Not sure a neuro question but I have been expericing dizziness/vertigo for a month been to Ed four times three times told sinus infection fourth time did neuro exam of eyes and such did CT scan all were clear and no sinus infection detection. Was told tension headaches but I'm wondering about the dizziness it feels like I'm moving well standing still and such. Also saw ent for ear wax removal no other problems found by her. I thought back to when this started I have been unemployed was playing video games daily since February this started one day six weeks in to that unemployment well playi g a video game with neck hyperextended in a chair and it hasn't gone away since I have been given meclizine prn but scared of side effects of it so don't really want to take it
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidsounds like you shouldn't be playing long term video games.how old are you?are you having excessive anxiety symptoms as well? excessive anxiety can often cause dizziness and vertigo.did you have your sinus infection treated with a course of antibiotics? bacterial sinus infections often can cause dizziness and headaches.it is spring in the US, so pollen is everywhere, often times allergy symptoms can cause nasal and sinus congestion, runny nose, and dizziness and headaches. have you tried to take allergy medications regularly?when you take the meclizine, does it help?