Dr SH
Dr SH, Certified physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

What does it mean when eyes roll back in the head? My daughter

Customer Question

What does it mean when eyes roll back in the head? My daughter takes methadone 145 mg every morning but has missed the last two mornings due to illness and she is not communicating, has a low grade fever and will not eat or drink, jaw tight. Is this a normal withdrawal this soon from Methadone?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr SH replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question.I think that she needs to be seen as with these symptoms I would like to be on the safe side and rule out seizures happening. Seizures may not present with jerking body movements and the signs may be subtle.I would also recommend having her investigated further for the fever, reduced appetite, tight jaw that she is having.These may be symptoms of withdrawal but other causes, like I mentioned, must be considered and ruled out to be on the safe side.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end at the top right hand corner.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr SH replied 7 months ago.
This session is open for any further questions that you may have.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner, as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards