Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Neurologist/Internist with academic and clinical experience.
64994909

Yesterday I woke up an felt fine,by 12pm the roof of my mouth

Customer Question

Yesterday I woke up an felt fine,by 12pm the roof of my mouth was inflamed.I have no other symptoms.This morning I woke up to the same symptom.Should I see a Doctor?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 8 months ago.
Hello. You have pharyngitis which is usually a viral issue, an inflammation from a gastrointestinal virus. You may develop diarrhea and stomach indigestion type pain, but this may be all. If you do not have a fever, and/or do not have lymphnode swelling around the throat and green thick mucus (yet) you should treat it conservatively with salt water gargles and acetominophen (Tylenol) and you should improve on your own. If the other previously mentioned symptoms are occurring, you need to see your doctor about treatment with antibiotics and decongestants/antitussives, etc. If you start to develop diffuse muscle pain and the fever increases, you may have the flu, and you need to call your doctor. I am here to answer your questions, or can call you. JA charges an additional fee for that service, but if interested just put your number and a time to call in the offer box. If satisfied with this answer, please remember to rate my service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for this work thanks *****