Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.

I just had cataract surgery on 4/20/16 with a standard lens.

Customer Question

I just had cataract surgery on 4/20/16 with a standard lens. It seems to me I have a scratch on the lens, something on the lens or it is not in the right position.
I went to the same eye surgery place today and saw a different Doctor. He dilated my eye, looked in it and said that it was in the right place and that it did not have any scratches on the lens. He told me it might be something I will have to put up with. I am scheduled to have the other eye done on 4/28/16.
Is the second Dr. correct or is it smoothing that should be corrected before I have the other eye dune on 4/28/16?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 6 months ago.
Hello,I'm Dr Chaithanya attending youYou need to wait to see if that gets settled by itself.It takes some time to get the position of the lens settled.So, don't worry, give it time, or to relieve the tension, get an examination done by the initial doctor once.The other eye surgery need not be delayed due to this. as both are not related.Hope this helps.Any questions ask me.Request to leave a positive rating [click on the 5th star at the top right corner of the page], only then I'm compensated.Any bonus appreciated.Good day!