Dr SH, Certified physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine

I had an injury in my left eyeover a year ago and since the

Customer Question

I had an injury in my left eyeover a year ago and since the past 2 days my eye is red, watery, swollen and feels there's sand in it and blurry vision. Please help!!
JA: Keeping an eye on your eyes' health is important - for most people vision is their most valued sense. Our Expert will help you with which sort of vision doctor you should visit. Please give me a bit more information, so the Opthamologist can help you best.
Customer: I am worried since it's been 2 days and I am taking ibuprofen for inflammation and using over the counter eye drops
JA: Is there anything else the Opthamologist should be aware of?
Customer: not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr SH replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question.With the symptoms that you are mentioning you could be having conjunctivitis or uveitis. You need to be seen ASAP by an eye doctor (ophthalmologist). If you cannot get an appointment early enough, I would recommend going to the ER and get this taken care of.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at the top right hand corner when you are done asking.Kindest regards