Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I had thought I got something in my eye yesterday but it was

Customer Question

I had thought I got something in my eye yesterday but it was off and on annoying but barely noticeable. I went to get a facial today and immediately after my right eye got tender and very progressively worse as the day went. It is very painful and much dark green drainage coming out. I had some expired antibiotic drops but not sure if it's working. Very concerned because I have a 3 month old baby and I don't want to get her sick.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.
This is Dr. DavidI would not use expired antibioticsbest to wash out your eye with water in the shower.dark green drainage is a sign of an eye or sinus infection.you should go to the ER or urgent care center and see a doctor and get your eye examined.they can give you a prescription for antibiotics for your eyes if you have an eye infection.I don't want you to get your 3 month old sick either.let me know if you have questions.