Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

I believe that I may have Tic Disorder. That's because

Customer Question

I believe that I may have Facial Tic Disorder. That's because I flinch and twitch my facial
areas around my eyes, nose and especially my cheeks. I know it is a compulsion but I can't
seem to stop it. I seem to do it quite a bit but I try not to do it in front of other people. It started a few months ago. I have had a lot of stress lately and it has gotten even worse because of that. Also I have OCD which I have had for many years which I do realize it
probably has something to do with it. Psychotherapy could probable help but over the years
psychotherapy has not helped me much. I am very concerned that this may be damaging my face in some way. I have acne scars, red spider-like veins and dark shadows under my eyes, and because I am over 65 years old I am concerned about sagging skin. I just don't
want any more damange to my face that there already is. So my question is am I damaging
my facial skin in any way by my doing these seemingly uncontrollable facial twitches? I
believe that a Doctor of Dermatology would be the best one to help me. Thank you!
Sincerely, ***** *****
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 6 months ago.
HelloIt is not damaging your face.You need to get the symptoms under control however.What medication are you on? OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.