Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

Im 60 years old and awoke with my right eye being blurry

Customer Question

Im 60 years old and awoke with my right eye being blurry as if covered by a film substance. I took a shower and allowed my eye lid and lashes to be washed with mild shampoo. The film seemed to go away. After being at work I have noticed itching on the outer area of the eye and some small yellowish balls about the size of a pin head that were present. My entire eye is getting red in both the inner side by my nose and the outer edge. I have noticed a little pain in the upper right side of my face the past few days and I just finished a sinus infection.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 6 months ago.
HelloThis indeed sounds like conjunctivitis.It can be bacterial.The pain is concerning.I would go to urgent care now and have this examined.Do not wait when vision is involved.You probably need antibiotic ointment at minimum.This will be based on examination. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am another expert eyes with mucus during the spring could be due to allergic conjunctivitisand you might need steroid eye dropsand allergy pills and steroid nasal sprays to help fight your may not be a bacterial infection.inner nose being red is a sign of allergies as wellhave you tried over the counter allergy eye drops and allergy pills?
HelloThis sounds like infection, and the pain really can indicate that.We do not diagnose here, or take the place of a doctor exam.Do not let this go, as infection deeper in the eye is possible.Vision loss with a miss diagnosis is possible.Additional information: With the redness of the skin you could also havecellulitis, a spreading infection.I can look at a picture here if you like.However, immediate exam is what you need.