Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

Is it normal to have bloodshot eyes after laser

Customer Question

Is it normal to have bloodshot eyes after laser for retina tear
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.That all depends on how aggressive the ophthalmologist had to be with scleral depression etc to get the laser done.As long as you are not in any pain or having any other symptoms a bit of redness should not be anything to worry about.That being said, it probably wouldn't hurt to give your eye MD a call and let her know about the redness just to be on the safe side.Does this make sense to you?It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS