Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have had a blackeye weeksJA: Keeping an eye on your

Customer Question

I have had a blackeye for 6 weeks
JA: Keeping an eye on your eyes' health is important - for most people vision is their most valued sense. Our Expert will help you with which sort of vision doctor you should visit. Please give me a bit more information, so the Opthamologist can help you best.
Customer: I am a 52 year old woman and 6 weeks ago I fell down the stairs and hit my face on the concrete which caused a black eye. I saw a eye specialist and she said I didn't damage the inside of my eye all my bruising and swelling is on the outside.My vision is still a little blurry and I still habve the black eye.What can I do
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Opthamologist should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I want a refund
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Now that I have cancelled my membershipwhen will my money be refunded
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 7 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.It is possible to still have signs of a black eye 6 weeks after the injury, especially if there was a lot of bleeding under the skin. I would, however, expect your black eye to have changed colors a bit and got a bit smaller by now. If it has not done so, or if it seems bigger, then you might have a clotting problem or, perhaps, broken an artery (high pressure blood vessel). If this is the case I'd suggest you consult with your primary care MD just to be on the safe side.Does this make sense to you?It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS